LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Scale Suprise

After the week I had last week, working out, eating well, you would expect to see a big change on the scale...And I did...But before I reveal the number, lets take a look back at last weeks goals for the RFS challenge:

Weight loss: To be in the 270's - We'll get to that later.
NSV: Blog daily - I got 6 days in a row! Which is pretty darn good I think!
Nutrition: No junk food - I actually ate very well this week, there was 1 meal out which was less than stellar but I more than made up for it with my choices for the rest of the week.
Fitness: Exercise 4 days - Completed. I did 4 days of C25K, walked around the plant nursery, worked my butt off at work

Looking at this I had a fantastic week! I actually stuck to my goals (which almost never happens! haha). I was so impressed with myself for getting back onto the treadmill and starting over with C25K because I was little bitter about it. I was on W6 not long ago and was able to run for 10 minutes straight, but after falling off the program, I was no where near able to do that when I attempted it. But I'm pretty darn determined to get through it one way or another so I will continue to work my way through the program as many times as it takes to get it done.

Alright, enough suspense, lets look back at the weigh in. Last week I weighed in at 282.0 which was only 0.9 lbs away from my lowest weight and 2.1 lbs away from being in the 270s. And as I said I had a fantastic week and saw a big movement on the scale. Nobody would expect that I saw a 5.2 lb movement UP!!! WHAT!? Yep...a 5.2 lb gain. And let me tell you I was devastated. I was feeling GREAT going into weigh in only to be reduced to tears and an incredibly bitchy mood for the rest of the day. Included in that bitchy mood was a "fuck it" mentality. I ate what I wanted, and did what I wanted that day. I didn't eat horribly but I definitely could have made better choices. My poor little family...they did not get the loving, happy Taryn that day...And I've been working through this in my own way. I just really really don't understand how such a drastic gain can happen when I had such a good week. Yes I know that when getting back to exercising a lot when you hadn't been your muscles hang on to water, and yes I know that at certain points in the month women hold on to water like we're storing up for a worldwide drought, but over 5 lbs?! C'mon now. I just needed some time to deal with it, get over it and move on. And today I'm back at it. I will not give up. Not at all.

So what are my goals for this week?

Weight Loss: Lose those 5.2 lbs...plus a little more if possible!
NSV: 5 blog posts
Nutrition: No Junk Food
Exercise: 4 days C25K, 3 walks

Mini Challenge: Write a post to yourself...Watch for this!




5 comments:

  1. I know the pain of an unexpected gain all too well... Like you said, there are a million reasons for why the scale could be so out of whack and I am positive you will be rewarded for all your stellar efforts with a much kinder weigh in this week. Sending you lots of virtual hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin,

      It was almost devastating. Poor Chris had to deal with my horrible mood and my tears. He must really love me.

      Delete
  2. I have put on as much as 8lbs during TOM. Talk about freaking out. I usually put on around 5 though. I also have go up at first when I start exercising. I understand how frustrating it can be. My hubby has had to deal with my tears on those occasions as well. The important thing is you picked yourself up and decided to stick to it. That shows commitment. Your blog is a great inspiration for me. Just keep going. Your doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO FRUSTRATING! I'm sorry... I know how hard it is to work your tail off and see a gain. It's like "Really?" Hang in there!

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete